Locally Owned and Operated in Mid-Missouri Since 1972
If this is an emergency please call

How Water Damage Really Affects Your Home

neighborhood flood

While it’s not the type of thing a homeowner wants to think about, everything from a major rainstorm to melting snow can cause water damage to a property. If that does happen, it’s important to contact restoration specialists as quickly as possible. At ServiceMaster of Columbia, based in Columbia, MO, we know firsthand that responding … Continued

Just the Facts on MOLD

how does mold grow?

Mold Facts… Molds are found EVERYWHERE, and can grow on almost any substance when moisture is present. They reproduce by spores, which are carried by air currents. When spores land on a moist surface suitable for life, they begin to grow. Mold is normally found indoors at levels which do not affect most healthy individuals. Spores … Continued

5 Principles of Mold Remediation

mold in laundry room

We have seen an influx of calls regarding Mold and Mold Removal.  We are experts in Mold Removal but we leave the detection of Mold to the professionals.  We use outside environmental hygienists to identify the mold and provide the homeowner and us with a protocol for to follow to remove the mold. Mold assessment and mold remediation are … Continued

5 Reasons Why Year-Round Carpet Cleaning is Ideal

black lab on porch

Year-round carpet cleaning is something we at ServiceMaster of Columbia cannot stress enough. Your carpets endure a lot on a daily basis, and while vacuuming is very helpful, deep carpet cleaning is necessary to maintain a healthy indoor space. We provide meticulous carpet cleaning among other restoration cleaning services to Ashland, Midway, Hinton, Mexico, Hallsville, … Continued

FIRE: Preventing a Fire

Servicemaster trucks

Most home fires occur in the kitchen while cooking and are the leading cause of injuries from fire. Common causes of fires at night are carelessly discarded cigarettes, sparks from fireplaces without spark screens or glass doors, and heating appliances left too close to furniture or other combustibles. These fires can be particularly dangerous because … Continued