During the holidays, ServiceMaster of Columbia wants you to enjoy your family and traditions. Part of the holiday magic is the Christmas tree. Christmas trees come with their own built in disasters if not taken care of from the beginning. Here are some tips for Christmas tree safety.
- Christmas trees account for hundreds of fires each year.
- One quarter of home Christmas tree fires are caused by electrical problems.
- Although Christmas tree fires are not common, when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious.
- Well-watered trees are not a problem. A dry and neglected tree can be.
- It takes 30 seconds for a DRY tree to engulf a room in flames.
This dramatic clip demonstrates what happens when fire touches a dry tree and a properly maintained, well-watered tree.
If you experience a fire during the holidays due to a Christmas tree or candle, call 573.443.8383, The Master of Disaster can help you restore your peace of mind. Read more about FIRE Restoration.